At least, not in my household!
I loved how the Herdwick and white wool looked after dyeing it. I wanted to try to make a larger dye lot, so I could make something significant with it. So far, I have four skeins of 130 to 150 yards. I am trying to decide if I want to make more before dyeing it. It probably will not get cooked until next week or so.
In the meantime, my son has been collecting walnuts from the yard with the expectation that I will use them to turn wool brown. He was well on his way to saving for me EVERY walnut in the yard. I had to let him know that I would not be able to use ALL of them!!!!
Unfortunately, I don't think I want to dye the yarn I am currently working on brown, and the walnuts will go rancid if I leave them sit around. So I am trying to freeze them. We will see how that works.
And some of my early spinning attempts did not yield nice knitting yarn. So, I am making felted balls out of them! I have heard that they work great in the dryer. I used the mistakes to form cores and wrapped them with some craft roving. Now to send them to the washer... along with a bag that I knitted like 8 years ago with the intention of felting it!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment